Transform Your House to a Healthy Home
Serving Chapel Hill, Carrboro, Pittsboro, Hillsborough, and Durham
“T & C has cleaned my home for almost 20 yrs. they are professional and conscientious . I have referred many friends to them. They respond, reschedule as necessary. They cover for holidays. They respond appropriately as necessary. All and all,they are the best service I’ve ever used. Steadfast service. Great employees!!”–Judy L., Chapel Hill NC
“These folks do a great job at a great price. They are thorough, trustworthy and efficient. I highly recommend!”–Martha M., Hillsborough NC
“Town and Country cleaners are reliable, responsible and do quality work. We’ve employed them for more than 8 years and know that they will care for our home as we would.”–Mary H., Pittsboro NC
At Town & Country… Excellence is our #1 Goal
Some cleaning companies DO NOT… and we don’t have to… BUT WE DO!
- Use Hospital-grade microfiber cloths (proven to be as effective at REMOVING bacteria as disinfectants are at KILLING bacteria, but leaving NO toxic residues);
- Use High-filtration vacuums that ‘scrub’ [n.b. or filter?] the air at near-H.E.P.A. levels;
- Use continuing education to keep owners, managers and staff up to date on processes, surfaces, equipment, industry research
- Take positive steps to protect your family’s health and indoor air quality;
- Perform background checks, DMV checks and National Database of Sexual Offenders checks
- GUARANTEE YOUR SATISFACTION with our work
And beyond that, we also:
- As a NC business employing over 25 employees, ALL new employees are subject to e-Verify and must prove eligibility to work in the U.S.
- OUR GUARANTEE: If you are not satisfied with our work or have concerns, we ask that you give us the opportunity to make it right. Please call us within one full day of the clean and we WILL RETURN within 2 business days to redress the missed area.
We are the only house cleaning company in the Chapel Hill, Pittsboro, and Durham areas that is CleanTrust certified by the cleaning industry’s most respected certifying body, the IICRC (Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification).
What you can expect in every house cleaning visit
- Extension dusting from high (ca. 10’) to low
- Exterior surfaces and outsides of appliances hand-wiped from about a five-foot height
- Counter tops and backsplashes cleaned
- Cabinet knobs and handle areas wiped
- Base cabinet doors thoroughly wiped down as needed
- Stove-tops degreased; smooth tops and chrome areas cleaned
- Stainless steel cleaned appropriately and streaks removed
- Inside of the microwave oven wiped out.
- Chrome wiped to a gleam
- Entire accessible floor vacuumed, then damp-mopped.
- Extension dusting from high (ca. 10’ to low)
- Entire tub/shower enclosures
- shower doors and their tracks
- Toilets cleaned inside and out
- Sinks cleaned and chrome shined
- Counters and backsplashes
- Mirrors cleaned to a streak-free gleam
- Bathroom floors damp-mopped
- Baseboards damp-mopped, with accessible corners.
Dusting & Vacuuming
- Extension dusting, removing cobwebs and dust up to 12’
- Lamps and furniture dusted to the floor
- Glass surfaces (table tops, mirrors e.g. spray-and-wiped
- Upholstered furniture in high use areas may be vacuumed on rotation
- Woodwork (chair rails, window sills, door- & window-ledges) dusted
- Small items (except on high or closed shelves) picked up and dusted under – up to 6 per shelf, eye level or below
- Carpeted floors vacuumed with high filtration vacuum
- Hard surface floors similarly vacuumed and (usually) damp mopped.
- Up to one pair of slider doors may be washed inside (outside if time and weather permits)
- Wastebaskets emptied and re-placed where found, without liners except in the kitchen
- No staff contact with human or animal waste is permitted, so litter boxes and diaper pails are not included
- For bed linen change, leave your selected linen out on the bed (one is included each visit) and we will strip the bed, remake it and place the soiled linens in your designated location.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: How do we generate a price?
A: Prices are generated after doing a walk of the property and making an analysis of the home’s needs and special features.
- Q: What's the difference between a maid service and what we offer?
A: We are a blend of a maid and janitorial service. We follow a maintenance cleaning program with rotations which frees you from your weekly cleaning and allows some customization for your home’s unique needs.
- Q: Do you use Hypo allergenic products?
A: Yes — they are available with prior consultation with our specialists.
- Q: Are you a Green cleaning company?
A: Green cleaning is a journey with a moving target. We strive to carefully balance green interests with sanitizing for antimicrobial effectiveness. Microfibers and de-ionized water have been shown to reach sanitizing levels within the defined range of disinfection! Please ask for more information by phone or during your walk.
- Q: How soon can you come?
A: We can generally get you scheduled within 2 weeks.
- Q: Are pets a problem?
A: No, We do expect aggressive animals be properly contained.
- Q: If I am at work how do you gain access to my home?
A: We have a key system. About 80% of our clients provide a key. It is coded and kept secure at the office. Only the team leader is given the key and, if applicable, the code for the alarm.
- Q: Are your Cleaning people trained? If so what certifications do they hold?
A: Yes, our teams are trained in home and a number have received IICRC certification for the professional House Cleaning Technician. Bruce, our President, is the current Chair for the Technical Advisory Committee now revising the House Cleaning Technician test for that Certification.
- Q: Do you participate in the Federal e-Verify Program (required for companies with over 25 employees in NC)?
A: Yes – you can follow this link to check us and other companies. Please use the following data to check our status: Our Legal name is Triangle Town & Country Services, Inc. and the city of our registration is Pittsboro, NC 27312.
- Q: What kind of background check do you do for your staff if they will be in my home?
- A: Our older employees have proven clean records with their years of experience with us. Our new employees have background checks done before they are placed in homes.
Being in the cleaning business since 1991, we have heard just about every question possible. Below are some of the most common ones. Browse through them. If you still have questions or require further detail, give us a call at (919) 967-7592 and we’ll do our best to get you the information you seek!
Have a question about our business or our house cleaning services that we did not answer here… or just want help getting started? Either call us or email us. Our full contact information is at the bottom of every page of this website.